ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL, CELEBRITY CRUISES,
AND AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES
ESPRESSO® BOOK TO WIN SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR BOOKING NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are accredited travel agents (must have a valid ARC, IATAN/TSI, CLIA or Travelsellers.com number). Any determinations of eligibility will be made by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (“Sponsor”) whose decisions are final. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their employers relative to their participation in trade promotions, and should check with their company for any relevant policies. By participating in the ESPRESSO® Book To Win Sweepstakes, entrant warrants that he/she has complied with his/her employer’s policy regarding acceptance of premiums or gifts and that he/she has informed his/her employer of entrant’s participation in the ESPRESSO® Book To Win Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law or internal business or company policy. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TO ENTER: The Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises ESPRESSO Book To Win Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 2, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”), and consists of eleven (11) Entry Period Weeks, as follows:
|Begins at 12:00:01 AM ET||Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET||Random Drawing|
For every new Individual (FIT) Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises cruise booking you create with full deposit for any 2018 sailings through the ESPRESSO® booking tool during the Promotion Period, you will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Individual bookings transferred into a Group during the Promotion Period are not eligible for the Sweepstakes. Existing individual bookings that are canceled and rebooked during the Promotion Period are not eligible for the Sweepstakes.
To enter the drawings without booking a client on a Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises cruise through the ESPRESSO® booking tool, hand print your name, travel agency name, complete agency mailing address, agency phone and fax numbers, and the Entry Period Week for which you are entering, on a postcard and mail it to: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ESPRESSO® Book To Win Sweepstakes, PMI Station, PO Box 3595, Southbury, CT 06488-3595 USA. Mail-in entries must be postmarked between January 15, 2018 and April 2, 2018 and must be received by within six (6) days of the Entry Period Week for which you are entering. Entries that do not include an Entry Period Week will be disqualified. You may enter by mail as often as you wish, but each entry must be mailed separately. No mechanically produced entries permitted. Entries from any given Entry Period Week will not be entered or otherwise included in any other Entry Period Week’s drawing. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor reserves the right to verify all bookings and to request additional information to substantiate bookings. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by Sponsor whose decisions are final. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer or telephone malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction, for inaccurate transcription of submissions, or for any human error which may occur in the processing of data; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete submissions or postage-due mail; or (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this promotion, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant if that person has in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, violated the terms and conditions of the promotion. In that event, disqualification will result in the immediate loss of any accumulated incentive awards, and disqualified participant will be required to return any award(s) already received. All decisions of the Sponsor shall be final in regard to any matters relating to this promotion.
3. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Random drawings will be conducted for each Entry Period Week from among all eligible entries received for that Entry Period Week, according to the random drawing dates listed in Section 2. Drawings will be conducted by representatives of the Sponsor.
The following prizes will be awarded over the course of the eleven (11) random drawings:
- Ten (10) prizes, each consisting of an inaugural stateroom onboard Symphony of the Seas*;
- Ten (10) prizes, each consisting of an inaugural stateroom onboard Celebrity Edge**;
- Thirty (30) prizes, each consisting of one (1) $100 American Express® Gift Card, subject to its terms and conditions;
- Fifty (50) prizes, each consisting of an Apple® iPad Air with WiFi 32GB or an Apple® iPad with WiFi 32GB. Approximate retail value ranges from USD $379 to USD $400.
A minimum of eight (8) prizes will be awarded in each random drawing; however, which specific prizes will be awarded in a given Random Drawing will be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that an insufficient number of entries is received for a given Entry Period Week, the prize(s) for that Week will be given away in the next Entry Period Week’s drawing. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each drawing.
*Royal Caribbean International Symphony of the Seas (2) night cruise for two (2) people. The winner of this prize will receive a 2-night cruise to nowhere on the inaugural event onboard Symphony of the Seas sailing out of Miami, FL on 11/13/18 or 11/15/2018. The Cruise will include one (1) double-occupancy stateroom accommodations. Stateroom accommodations to be assigned at the discretion of the sponsor. All travel must be concluded by 11/17/2018, after which date the award shall be invalid. The terms and conditions of Royal Caribbean International’s 2018/2019 Brochure and Cruise Ticket Contract will apply. Prize will be awarded in the form of a Royal Caribbean International Cruise Certificate (the “Certificate”). Winner agrees to accept booking instructions and all terms and conditions of use listed on the Certificate. Prize may not be upgraded. The prize does not include gratuities, air or ground transportation to/from airports. There is no retail value ascribed to this prize.
**Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Edge (2) night cruise for two (2) people. The winner of this prize will receive a 2-night cruise to nowhere on the inaugural event onboard Celebrity Edge sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL on 11/29/2018. The Cruise will include one (1) double-occupancy stateroom accommodations. Stateroom accommodations to be assigned at the discretion of the sponsor. All travel must be concluded by 12/1/2018, after which date the award shall be invalid. The terms and conditions of Celebrity Cruises’ 2018/2019 Brochure and Cruise Ticket Contract will apply. Prize will be awarded in the form of a Celebrity Cruises Cruise Certificate (the “Certificate”). Winner agrees to accept booking instructions and all terms and conditions of use listed on the Certificate. Prize may not be upgraded. The prize does not include gratuities, air or ground transportation to/from airports. There is no retail value ascribed to this prize.
Each prize winner and guest must be booked on same cruise and must have valid travel documents (such as a passport). The Cruise includes standard guest accommodations, ocean transportation, most meals, some beverages, most entertainment aboard the vessel and other standard cruise accommodations. The Cruise does not include air transportation, ground transportation to the port of embarkation or from the port of disembarkation, nor any items or services of a personal nature for which an extra charge or fee applies (including, but not limited to, shore excursions, gratuities, photographs, service fees and medical services); these expenses are solely the responsibility of the winner.
No individual (including the winner or guest) under 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older, except for married couples under 21 years old. All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Other restrictions may apply. Cruise is not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Cruise shall be subject to Sponsor’s then current rules and regulations, including but not limited to, age restrictions and the obligation to sign the passenger cruise ticket contract. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by phone, email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners of prizes valued at $600.00USD or more will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility (or in Canada a Declaration of Compliance), release of liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within a time period specified in the notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner fails to respond within ten (10) days of Sponsor’s notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Where legal, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission (permission shall be confirmed in writing upon the request of Sponsor) to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, prize information and/or biographical information and any statements made by entrant regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion or publicity at any time or times, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without further compensation, notice, review or approval. All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of winner. In the event of a Canadian winner, Sponsor will deduct any applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments from value of prize award and the prize to be awarded will be adjusted accordingly. No prize assignment, transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to unavailability in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
5. CONDITIONS: By participating, entrant agrees (a) to these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release and hold harmless Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively “Releasees”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including travel to and/or from points of embarkation and/or debarkation, and including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL NOTIFY THE APPROPRIATE STATE AND/OR FEDERAL AUTHORITIES OF SUCH ATTEMPTS. Submission of any digital computer materials containing malicious computer code, viruses, bugs, worms or any other intentionally destructive or harmful computer materials is also a violation of the law and in addition to automatically disqualifying the entrant, will be subject to any prosecution or claim the Sponsor determines is warranted. By participating, entrant agrees that, in the event of a dispute regarding this Sweepstakes (a) any and all claims, rights or causes of action will be litigated solely in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Florida, USA; and (b) these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, with the exception of Florida conflict-of-law provisions.
Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for lost, late, stolen, inaccurate, forged, mangled, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage due entries/mail; or for technical, hardware, software, telephone, satellite or other communications malfunctions/errors/failures of any kind; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, your entry (once transmitted by you via e-mail); lost or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications, website, Internet, or ISP availability; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; incomplete, garbled, jumbled, delayed or intercepted computer transmissions, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online (regardless of cause).
7. WINNER LIST: To request a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 8, 2018, to: ESPRESSO® Book To Win Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 USA. (Residents of Canada may omit return postage.)
SPONSOR: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL USA 33132 USA.
©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., All rights reserved.
Apple and iPad Air are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
American Express® is a trademark of American Express Company. American Express Company is not a participant or sponsor of, and does not endorse, this Sweepstakes.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Terms and Conditions is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the offer.